Sun, 12 July 2015
51: How to Start Your Own Social Enterprise and Make a Big Impact with StartSomeGood's founder Tom Dawkins
He was told it couldn’t be done. Social good was meant for nonprofits. Businesses were for making money. But Tom Dawkins always felt like there was a puzzle to be solved, that he could put the pieces together and run a profitable business that created change in the world.
A serial entrepreneur from a young age, Dawkins worked in both nonprofits and tech startups before finally solving it. The result was StartSomeGood, a crowd-funding platform for anyone—nonprofit, for profit, or individual—with an idea to make positive change in the world.
In this episode you will learn:
- How to start your own social enterprise
- How to measure your impact and why
- The true definition of social entrepreneurship
- How find a problem that needs solving
- Budgeting 101 with a for profit social enterprise
- & So much more!